We create breakthroughs in human health and sustainability and build bioplatform companies.
- Moderna Founded: 2010
- Tessera Therapeutics Founded: 2018
- Generate Biomedicines Founded: 2018
- Indigo Agriculture Founded: 2013
- Ring Therapeutics Founded: 2017
Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Healthcare and Biotech
FutureCast: Aviv Regev and Noubar Afeyan
Companies founded 109
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
A Flagship Pioneering general partner, Avak Kahvejian creates companies that discover fundamental insights in biology and invent novel biotechnologies: red-blood-cell medicines, the field of exoneural biology, and exosome therapeutics. Companies include: Cellarity, Laronde, Profound, and Ring.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering general partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies: Indigo, Tessera Therapeutics, Generate Biomedicines, and Seres.
- Montai Health Adds Industry Leaders to its Board of Directors 05.17.2023
- Flagship Pioneering Launches Metaphore Biotechnologies to Unlock the Therapeutic Potential of Biomimicry 05.16.2023
- Seres Therapeutics and Nestlé Health Science Announce FDA Approval of VOWST™ (fecal microbiota spores, live-brpk) for Prevention of Recurrence of C. difficile Infection in Adults Following Antibacterial Treatment for Recurrent CDI 04.26.2023
- YourBio Health's TAP® Micro Select Secures FDA 510(k) Medical Device Clearance for Producing Capillary Whole Blood Samples 04.24.2023
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils Ampersand Biomedicines to Create Highly Effective Medicines That are Programed to Act Only Where Needed 03.07.2023
- Flagship Pioneering Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 03.02.2023