Our CompaniesAll Companies
Revolutionizing Reproductive Health: A Conversation With David Sable and Amber Salzman
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan
Companies founded 108
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering general partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Flagship Pioneering Strengthens Leadership with Appointment of Christine Heenan as Senior Partner and Chief Communications Officer 10.21.2020
- First Companies Commit to Purchasing Verified Agricultural Carbon Credits through Indigo Carbon, a Critical Step in the Transition to Beneficial Agriculture 10.19.2020
- Flagship Pioneering Announces Appointment of Tuyen Ong as CEO-Partner 10.13.2020
- Kaleido Biosciences Appoints Daniel Menichella as President and Chief Executive Officer 10.01.2020
- Flagship Pioneering Announces Valo Health to Transform Drug Development 09.23.2020
- Cygnal Therapeutics Expands Leadership Team With Appointment Of John A. Wagner, M.D., Ph.D., As Chief Medical Officer 09.16.2020