Engineering Life: How Synthetic Biology Enables Us to Create New Living Things
What is Cell Therapy? Medicines Delivered by Cells
Companies founded 100
Our CompaniesAll Companies
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils Omega Therapeutics and Appoints Seasoned BioPharma Executive Mahesh Karande as President and Chief Executive Officer 09.23.2019
- Researchers Shed Light on Bladder Cancer Population Not Receiving Curative Intent Therapy 09.18.2019
- Quanterix Serum Nf-L Assay Powers Key Trial and Study Results Presented at Ectrims 2019 09.18.2019
- Evelo Biosciences Announces the Appointment of David Epstein as Chairman of its Board of Directors 09.17.2019
- Indigo Ag expands to Europe with new HQ in Switzerland 09.16.2019
- Foghorn® Therapeutics Expands Leadership Team With Two C-Suite Appointments 09.16.2019