Insects Are Essential for Life. They’re Vanishing.
Can Machines Understand Complex Biology?
Companies founded 102
Our CompaniesAll Companies
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- KSQ Therapeutics Enhances Board of Directors with Two Appointments 11.12.2019
- Flagship Pioneering Appoints Prakash Raman, Ph.D. as Senior Partner and Chief Business Development Officer 11.12.2019
- Rubius Therapeutics Appoints Maiken Keson-Brookes as Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary 11.12.2019
- Indigo Appoints Technology Leader John Mulliken as Chief Integrated Product Officer 11.12.2019
- Codiak Presents New Preclinical Data for First-in-Class Exosome Therapeutic Candidates, exoIL-12 and exoSTING, Demonstrating Potent Anti-Tumor Activity 11.08.2019
- Kaleido Biosciences Appoints William Duke as Chief Financial Officer 11.06.2019