Our CompaniesAll Companies
Companies founded 100
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutritional health at the intersection of agriculture, nutrition, and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Flagship Pioneering Expands Growth Capabilities, Announces Capital Raise of $824MM 03.20.2019
- CiBO Technologies Wins Awards from Fast Company and THRIVE 03.13.2019
- Seres Therapeutics Announces Microbiome Immuno-Oncology Focused Collaboration with AstraZeneca 03.11.2019
- Rubius Therapeutics Announces FDA Clearance of Investigational New Drug Application for First-Ever Red Cell Therapeutic, RTX-134, for Treatment of Phenylketonuria 03.11.2019
- Indigo Agriculture and Anheuser-Busch Partner to Meet Sustainability Goals for Rice Production 03.11.2019
- Torque Initiates Phase 1 Clinical Trial of TRQ-1501 Deep IL-15 Primed T Cells in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors or Lymphomas 02.20.2019