Technologies to Feed 10 Billion
Engineering Life: How Synthetic Biology Enables Us to Create New Living Things
Companies founded 102
Our CompaniesAll Companies
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Syros Announces Update on Selective CDK7 Inhibitor Portfolio 10.17.2019
- Indigo Updates U.S. Corn and Soybean Production Forecast for the Final Time This Season 10.10.2019
- Farmers Step Forward to Draw Down Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide on More Than 10 Million Acres 10.09.2019
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils Cygnal Therapeutics 10.08.2019
- Axcella Provides Progress Updates for Liver Program Candidates AXA1125 and AXA1957 10.07.2019
- Quanterix Announces Recipients of Annual Accelerator Grant Program 10.03.2019