Our CompaniesAll Companies
Companies founded 109
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering general partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Dr. Stephen Hahn, 24th U.S. FDA Commissioner and former Chief Medical Executive at MD Anderson, joins Flagship Pioneering as Chief Medical Officer of its Preemptive Medicine and Health Security Initiative 06.14.2021
- Flagship Pioneering Closes $3.4 Billion Capital Pool to Drive Continued Breakthrough Innovations in Human Health and Sustainability 06.14.2021
- Flagship Pioneering Announces Appointment of Luisa Salter-Cid as Chief Scientific Officer of Pioneering Medicines 05.11.2021
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils Laronde to Advance Endless RNA™ - A New Class of Programmable Medicines Capable of Expressing Therapeutic Proteins Inside the Body 05.10.2021
- Flagship Pioneering Expands Biotech Footprint to Property in Somerville’s Boynton Yards 03.31.2021
- Omega Therapeutics to Advance Pipeline and Platform Development with $126 Million in Additional Financing 03.31.2021