Our CompaniesAll Companies
Flagship Pioneering’s Expanding Scientific Footprint
Writing a Potential Cure for Cystic Fibrosis
Companies founded 109
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering general partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies: Indigo, Tessera Therapeutics, Generate Biomedicines, and Seres.
- Michael Severino, M.D., Joins Flagship Pioneering-Founded Tessera Therapeutics as Chief Executive Officer 06.02.2022
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils ProFound™ Therapeutics to Illuminate an Expanded Universe of Human Proteins with the Potential to Enable a Multitude of New Medicines 05.26.2022
- Evelo Biosciences Announces $79.2 Million Registered Direct Offering of Common Stock 05.25.2022
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils Sonata Therapeutics to Harness Cellular Microenvironments for the Treatment of Serious Diseases 05.18.2022
- Evelo Biosciences Announces First Quarter 2022 Financial Results and Business Highlights 05.12.2022
- Novo Nordisk and Flagship Pioneering announce a strategic collaboration to create a portfolio of transformational medicines 05.10.2022