The BIO International Convention comes to Boston June 5-8 and leaders across the Flagship ecosystem will be participating.
Monday, June 5, 2023
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Panel: Y Not: Are there leadership advantages women bring to the biopharma C-Suite? (Session Room 203)
- Michelle Werner, CEO-Partner of Flagship Pioneering and CEO of Alltrna, joins Maya Martinez-Davis, President, U.S. at GSK; Meredith Manning, President of PharmaEssentia USA; and Erin Mistry, EVP and Chief Commercial Officer at CorMedix for a conversation moderated by Cynthia Isaac, Ph.D., Managing Director, Head of Corporate Communications Practice, Syneos Health
Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- Geoffrey von Maltzahn, General Partner, Flagship Pioneering joins Alaa Halawa, Executive Director & Co-Head of U.S. Ventures and Brian Goodman, General Partner, MPM Capital in a conversation moderated by John Carroll, Editor & Founder of Endpoints News.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Panel: Emerging RNA Therapy Platforms: The Next Generation Genetic Medicines (Session Room 208)
- Lovisa Afzelius, Origination Partner, Flagship Pioneering joins Raphael Townshend, PhD, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Atomic AI; Zelanna Goldberg, Chief Medical Officer, Replicate Bioscience; and Angele Maki, PhD, SVP, Business Development, ReCode Therapeutics for a conversation moderated by Kouki Harasaki, Managing Partner, Bioluminescence Ventures.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Panel: Vaccine Manufacturing in Africa: Challenges and Opportunities
- Hamilton Bennett, Senior Director, Vaccine Access and Partnerships, Moderna joins Petro Terblanche, Afrigen Biologics and WHO mRNA Hub, Emma Wheatley, Director, Access and Private Partnerships, CEPI, Aminu Umar-Sadiq, Managing Director and CEO, Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority, and Pierre Delsaux, Director-General, Health Emergency and Preparedness Response Authority, European Commission in a conversation moderated by Jeremy Knox, Head of Policy, Infectious Disease, Wellcome Trust.
3:00 PM - 3:45 PM Fireside Chat: Noubar Afeyan shares insights and strategies for the advancement of treatments and cures for patients worldwide (Session Room 205ABC)
- Noubar Afeyan, CEO and founder of Flagship Pioneering sits down for a conversation with Stuart Cable, Vice Chairman, Global Chair of M&A for Goodwin
4:15 PM - 5:15 PM Panel: Gene Therapy: Let’s Talk about Safety, Baby (Session Room 210A)
- Tuyen Ong, CEO of Ring Therapeutics and CEO-Partner at Flagship Pioneering joins Michelle Mellion, MD, Senior Vice President, Head of Clinical Development, PepGen, and Howard Rutman, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Xalud Therapeutics, for a conversation moderated by Rowan Walrath, Life Sciences Reporter, Boston Business Journal
Thursday, June 8
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Panel: The Next Generation of Gene Editing Therapeutic Technologies (Session Room 206AB)
- Michael Holmes, CSO of Tessera Therapeutics, joins Jeremy Duffield of Prime Medicine, Amy Simon of Beam Therapeutics, and Emile Nuwaysir of Ensoma, for a conversation moderated by Kouki Harasaki of Bioluminescence Ventures.
10:15 AM - 11:15 AM Panel: Are We Past the Checkpoint? (Session Room 254A)
- Volker Herrmann, President and CEO of Sonata Therapeutics and CEO Partner of Flagship Pioneering, joins a panel conversation with Dan Passeri, CEO, CUE BioPharma, and Ian Walters, CEO Portage Biotech, moderated by Angus Liu, Senior Writer, Fierce Pharma/Fierce Biotech
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Panel: Women at the crossroads in gene editing (Session Room 206AB)
- Luisa Salter-Cid, Chief Scientific Officer, Pioneering Medicines, Flagship Pioneering, and AV Eggimann, Chief Regulatory Officer at Tessera Therapeutics join Julianne Bruno, Senior Vice President, Programs and Portfolio at CRISPR Therapeutics for a conversation moderated by Cynthia Isaac, Managing Director, Head of Corporate Communications Practice, Syneos Health
If you see an error in this story, contact us.