TARIS Biomedical® was founded in 2008 in response to a long-standing clinical need for a convenient, safe, and effective way to treat bladder disease locally. Encouraged by the effectiveness of local bladder instillations but frustrated by the need for frequent repeated dosing due to normal bladder emptying, urologists expressed a desire for a better approach.
TARIS’s® solution is a simple and elegant system that can continuously deliver drug in the bladder. It was conceived in the laboratories of internationally renowned biotechnology entrepreneurs Robert Langer and Michael Cima at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Since its inception, TARIS® has applied this technology in the development of products with a potential to provide effective and well-tolerated therapeutics for difficult-to-treat urological conditions. TARIS®’s first program, LiRIS® (lidocaine releasing intravesical system), for the treatment of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome, was acquired by Allergan® in August of 2014.
TARIS® has now turned its focus to developing a broad portfolio of products addressing significant unmet need in the treatment of several debilitating bladder diseases, including bladder cancer and overactive bladder. In April 2018, the FDA granted Fast Track designation for Taris’ TAR-200 (GemRIS) for the treatment of patients with organ-confined or locally-advanced Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer (MIBC) who are unfit for curative intent therapy.
Latest Press from TARIS Biomedical
- Researchers Shed Light on Bladder Cancer Population Not Receiving Curative Intent Therapy 09.18.2019
- TARIS Initiates Clinical Trial Of TAR-200 In Combination With Opdivo® (Nivolumab) For Patients with Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer 07.10.2019
- TARIS Bio Initiates New Clinical Study of TAR-302 in Overactive Bladder 05.01.2019
- TARIS Appoints Tony Kingsley as President and Chief Executive Officer 01.03.2019
- TARIS Biomedical® Announces $25M Series B Financing 12.21.2017
- TARIS and Bristol-Myers Squibb Announce Clinical Trial Collaboration 12.20.2017