Every time medical diagnostics required a blood sample it was a single touch away. No pain. No delay.
By simplifying access to diagnostics we can improve the health of both individuals and populations.
Seventh Sense Biosystems has designed and developed TAP™, the world’s first push-button blood collection device. It makes the process simple, convenient, and painless. $50 billion is spent annually on diagnostics and consumers are demanding more from the healthcare system. The company aims to create a new standard for blood collection that increases patient compliance with testing orders, leading to faster diagnoses and better outcomes. Future versions of TAP will be designed to enable patients to collect their own blood anywhere.
Reducing collection costs would be a major contribution to controlling healthcare’s runaway costs. TAP could reduce the cost of sample collection by more than 60 percent.
The World’s First Push-Button Blood Collection Device
At some point, we have all experienced having blood drawn directly from a vein, usually in the crook of the elbow. Gone are the days of tourniquets, large needles, lancets, tubes, and bandages. No more sitting in a waiting room waiting anxiously to have your blood drawn.
Instead, the small device is positioned on a patient’s upper arm and with just a tap, blood is collected. Future versions of TAP will enable patients to collect their own blood anywhere, including in the home.
- FDA cleared, CE Mark
- Fills in 2-3 minutes
- 100uL whole blood
- Lithium heparin, EDTA (IUO)
- Blood indicator window
- Single-use - no ability to reuse, needles are secured in device
- Ability to add future accessories, e.g. connectivity, additive array, sample separation, and dried blood spot
Latest Press from Seventh Sense Biosystems
- Seventh Sense Biosystems Unlocks Market for Consumer Blood Collection Through Layperson Clearance 12.10.2019
- Miraca and Seventh Sense Biosystems, Inc. Announce Strategic Investment and Distribution Agreement 07.01.2019
- First-Ever Device for Fast and Virtually Painless Blood Draw Receives FDA Clearance 02.23.2017
- Seventh Sense Biosystems Launches Pivotal Trial For Groundbreaking TAP Diagnostic Blood Collection Device 04.13.2016
- Seventh Sense Biosystems Announces Expansion of Manufacturing Operations and Facilities in Medford, Massachusetts 09.21.2015
- Seventh Sense Biosystems Receives Four Patent Allowances for TAP Blood Collection System in the US and Europe 08.17.2015