It was possible to describe critical biological processes inside our bodies with higher accuracy and resolution than ever before?
We can create tools that shed new light on a host of diseases by allowing researchers to detect specific molecules at ultra-low levels within biological samples.
Quanterix (NASDAQ: QTRX) is digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease through ultrasensitive detection of biomarkers and to accelerate drug development and approval.
Quanterix’s technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses, and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas.
Quanterix’s technology enables the development of methods providing much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come.
- Oncology - The ability to detect oncology biomarkers at ultra-low levels has the potential to enable new options for early disease detection and enable tailored treatment selection based on disease stage at diagnosis, in the realm of cancer research. Simoa assays have the potential to be used to monitor cancer risk, identify early-stage cancer onset, and discriminate between benign and malignant cells. Simoa detection of biomarkers could eventually be used prognostically to predict disease outcome, predict progression-free survival, monitor cancer reoccurrence in its earliest stages, be used to monitor sensitivity to chemotherapies, and aid in treatment selection decisions to reduce morbidity and mortality.
- Neurology - The ability to detect neurological biomarkers at ultra-low levels, which have traditionally only been detectable in cerebrospinal fluid, has the potential to transform the way brain injuries and diseases are detected and diagnosed. Simoa assays can detect neurological biomarkers associated with brain injury and disease at much earlier stages to understand the long-term effects and disease pathology. Quanterix has a strategic focus in neurodegeneration, neuroinflammation, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), and multiple sclerosis (MS) and is working with a rapidly growing network of academic researchers and pharmaceutical and biotech partners to drive advancements in head health research.
- Cardiology - The ability to detect cardiac biomarkers at ultra-low levels is advancing the future of heart health. Simoa assays have the potential to detect cardiac biomarkers, which are instrumental for predicting major adverse cardiovascular events, development of heart failure, or transition to end-stage kidney disease, earlier than ever before. Further, the ability to detect minute changes in these biomarkers could enable the identification of at-risk patients earlier in their disease progression to guide more personalized, preventive care.
- Immunology - The ability to detect inflammatory and anti-inflammatory biomakers in serum and plasma with unprecedented sensitivity enables new discoveries into the role of inflammation in the biology of overall health and disease.
- Infectious Disease - The ability to detect infectious disease biomarkers during the viral replication phase when a virus is most contagious and multiplying rapidly is critical for controlling the spread of disease. Infectious disease is one of the hottest areas of research today, and researchers continue to seek ways to detect and diagnose infections earlier and more accurately.
Latest Press from Quanterix
- Quanterix Appoints Amol Chaubal As Chief Financial Officer 03.28.2019
- Quanterix Extends Oncology Footprint with Accelerated Launch of Next Gen SP-X™ Platform And Corplex™ Validated 10-Plex 01.10.2019
- Simoa Technology Unlocks Insights from Previously Obscure Biomarker 08.06.2018
- Simoa® Technology Unlocks Insights from Previously Obscure Biomarker 08.06.2018
- Quanterix’ Ultra-Sensitive Technology Creates Breakthroughs in Brain Health Of Military And Veterans 07.23.2018
- EY Announces Kevin Hrusovsky, President, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Quanterix and Founder of Powering Precision Health as An Entrepreneur of The Year ® 2018 Award Finalist in the New England Region 06.15.2018